Peter Prevos writes: > ox-odt.el overrides the auto-mode-alist settings and instructs > Emacs to open od[fgpst] files in archive-mode instead of > doc-view-mode. > > This line can be removed because it prevents Emacs from opening > LibreOffice files. Confirmed. AFAIU, the reason that change is made is a line in `org-odt--export-wrap' where the exporter "Open the OpenDocument file in archive-mode for examination." However, most users probably don't have a chance for "examination" as the file is opened in the background without notice in the message buffer or manual. It is also a side effect no other export backend has. So, I am inclined to remove that code in `org-odt--export-wrap' and then remove the code altering `auto-mode-alist' (which is definitely something we must not do). See the attached patch set. I am not applying the patches yet just in case if some users are relying on the removed behaviour. If anyone reading this does use this undocumented feature, please reply, and we will discuss how to retain it.