* Line folding
@ 2009-09-08  7:57 Somayaji, Ananth
From: Somayaji, Ananth @ 2009-09-08  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Any pointers on how to enable line-folding like the one done in filladapt-mode in org-mode ? I tried doing it but the syntax highlighting is all gone bad.

Best Regards, Ananth

* Re: Line folding
@ 2009-09-08  9:22 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-09-08  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Somayaji, Ananth; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

"Somayaji, Ananth" <gs_ananth@ti.com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> Any pointers on how to enable line-folding like the one done in filladapt-mode
> in org-mode ? I tried doing it but the syntax highlighting is all gone bad.
>
> Best Regards, Ananth

Hi Ananth,

not sure, what you mean by `line-folding'. But if you want to have
automatic line breaks on, just turn on auto-fill-mode for your Org-files:

 (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

I simply have

 (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

to turn on auto-fill-mode in any text file. text-mode-hook is called
from outline-mode.

Not sure if this helps. I use fill-adapt for very special cases like
comments in C/C++ file and so on.

Best regards,

  Sebastian