* Can I publish one block of org file?
@ 2009-09-15  7:43 Water Lin
From: Water Lin @ 2009-09-15  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am using org to write my draft. After finish the writing, I will copy
to my blog poster and edit something like linker, pictures.

This way works but is a little slow and should be very careful or else
it is very easy to forget some linkers, pictures, etc.

I am trying to find a way to write full text in org mode. I think it is
a good way to do following:
---------------------------
After I finish the writing, I select the block of my article, then use a
command to publish it to basic html and copy the html code into memory.

I don't need whole html elements, just need the customized html code for
the block.

I try to read the org help doc but can't find anything related to
it. Please give me a start stone, thanks.......
--
Water Lin's blog: http://blog.waterlin.org
Email: WaterLin@ymail.com

* Re: Can I publish one block of org file?
@ 2009-09-15 12:56 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-09-15 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Water Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Water Lin <WaterLin@ymail.com> writes:

> I am using org to write my draft. After finish the writing, I will copy
> to my blog poster and edit something like linker, pictures.
>
> This way works but is a little slow and should be very careful or else
> it is very easy to forget some linkers, pictures, etc.
>
> I am trying to find a way to write full text in org mode. I think it is
> a good way to do following:
> ---------------------------
> After I finish the writing, I select the block of my article, then use a
> command to publish it to basic html and copy the html code into memory.
>

> I don't need whole html elements, just need the customized html code for
> the block.
>
> I try to read the org help doc but can't find anything related to
> it. Please give me a start stone, thanks.......

Narrow to subtree (C-x n s) and then export.

-Bernt

* Re: Can I publish one block of org file?
@ 2009-09-15 13:05 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-09-15 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Water Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Water Lin <WaterLin@ymail.com> writes:

> I am using org to write my draft. After finish the writing, I will copy
> to my blog poster and edit something like linker, pictures.
>
> This way works but is a little slow and should be very careful or else
> it is very easy to forget some linkers, pictures, etc.
>
> I am trying to find a way to write full text in org mode. I think it is
> a good way to do following:
> ---------------------------
> After I finish the writing, I select the block of my article, then use a
> command to publish it to basic html and copy the html code into memory.
>

> I don't need whole html elements, just need the customized html code for
> the block.
>
> I try to read the org help doc but can't find anything related to
> it. Please give me a start stone, thanks.......

C-u M-x org-export-region-as-html

or

C-u C-c C-e R

From the doc-string:

,----
| org-export-region-as-html is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
| `org-html.el'.
|
| (org-export-region-as-html beg end &optional body-only buffer)
|
| Convert region from beg to end in org-mode buffer to HTML.
| If prefix arg body-only is set, omit file header, footer, and table of
| contents, and only produce the region of converted text, useful for
| cut-and-paste operations.
| If buffer is a buffer or a string, use/create that buffer as a target
| of the converted HTML.  If buffer is the symbol `string', return the
| produced HTML as a string and leave not buffer behind.  For example,
| a Lisp program could call this function in the following way:
|
|   (setq html (org-export-region-as-html beg end t 'string))
|
| When called interactively, the output buffer is selected, and shown
| in a window.  A non-interactive call will only return the buffer.
`----

Best,
Matt