From: Eric S Fraga <ucecesf@ucl.ac.uk>
To: Benjamin Andresen <benny@in-ulm.de>
Subject: Re: Re: how to unschedule a task in agenda view?
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:56:57 +0000	[thread overview]

At Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:47:14 +0100,
Benjamin Andresen wrote:
> > I do have a question: is this anywhere in the manual?
>
> It's commented on here: (info "(org)Inserting deadline/schedule")
> Also here, (in org-mode): C-h k C-c C-s

Ah, true!  But in agenda view, the help information is:

,----
| C-c C-s runs the command org-agenda-schedule, which is an interactive
| compiled Lisp function in `org-agenda.el'.
|
| It is bound to C-c C-s, <menu-bar> <Agenda> <Deadline/Schedule>
| <Schedule>.
|
| (org-agenda-schedule arg)
|
| Schedule the item at point.
`----

so there is no mention of the argument here (i.e. here we have "arg"
with no explanation which maybe should have given me a hint...).  In
any case, it would be good to have both help entries the same?

> > If not, it might be worth adding, say:
> >
> > to the entry on C-c C-s in section 10.5 of the org-manual and to C-c
> > C-d if the same applies to deadlines?
>
> Good question... I don't know how often you should repeat the same
> information at different places to make looking up stuff easier.

True.  There is a point of diminishing return.

For me, at least, if the same information had been available in the
help entry for the key sequence in the agenda view as in normal org
mode, I would have found it as that's the first thing I do tend to
check.

Thanks,
eric