* Browsing worg
@ 2010-07-30 19:16 suvayu ali
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: suvayu ali @ 2010-07-30 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,

I am new to org-mode. I was wondering if there was any way to browse
worg content other than with a web browser. It would be really
convenient if I could do it within emacs, maybe as info pages or .org
files?

Thanks for any responses.

--
Suvayu

* Re: Browsing worg
@ 2010-07-30 19:26 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-07-30 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ali,

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> I am new to org-mode. I was wondering if there was any way to browse
> worg content other than with a web browser. It would be really
> convenient if I could do it within emacs, maybe as info pages or .org
> files?

You can browse it from Emacs.

You need to install git on your system (see http://git-scm.com and ask
for help if needed) then to download Worg like this:

~$ git pull git://repo.or.cz/Worg.git

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Browsing worg
@ 2010-07-30 20:38 ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-07-30 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am new to org-mode. I was wondering if there was any way to browse
> worg content other than with a web browser. It would be really
> convenient if I could do it within emacs, maybe as info pages or .org
> files?

Hi Suvayu,

Absolutely. Make your own read-only clone of Worg with

git clone http://repo.or.cz/r/Worg.git

See this page for full details:

http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-git.php

Also note that the org-mode source documents are also obtainable at

http://orgmode.org/worg/sources/

but I recommend using git to clone Worg locally.

Dan

> Thanks for any responses.

* Re: Browsing worg
@ 2010-07-30 21:02 ` Andreas Burtzlaff
From: Andreas Burtzlaff @ 2010-07-30 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am new to org-mode. I was wondering if there was any way to browse
> worg content other than with a web browser. It would be really
> convenient if I could do it within emacs, maybe as info pages or .org
> files?

Sure, the html version of worg is generated from org files.
Just clone the repository with:

git clone http://repo.or.cz/r/Worg.git

and browse through the .org files.

Have a look here for additional information on how to contribute to
worg:

http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-git.php

HTH

Andreas

> Thanks for any responses.

* Re: Browsing worg
@ 2010-07-30 21:31   ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2010-07-30 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30 July 2010 12:26, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> Hi Ali,
>
> suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I am new to org-mode. I was wondering if there was any way to browse
>> worg content other than with a web browser. It would be really
>> convenient if I could do it within emacs, maybe as info pages or .org
>> files?
>
> You can browse it from Emacs.
>
> You need to install git on your system (see http://git-scm.com and ask
> for help if needed) then to download Worg like this:
>
> ~$ git pull git://repo.or.cz/Worg.git

Thanks a lot everyone. :) This is very convenient. Hopefully I will
learn quick enough to contribute back. :)

--
Suvayu

* Re: Browsing worg
@ 2010-07-30 21:46     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-07-30 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> On 30 July 2010 12:26, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
>>
>> You can browse it from Emacs.
>>
>> You need to install git on your system (see http://git-scm.com and ask
>> for help if needed) then to download Worg like this:
>>
>> ~$ git pull git://repo.or.cz/Worg.git
          ^^^^

Oops -- the right command is this one:

~$ git clone git://repo.or.cz/Worg.git

--
 Bastien

* Re: Browsing worg
@ 2010-07-30 21:51       ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2010-07-30 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30 July 2010 14:46, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 30 July 2010 12:26, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> You can browse it from Emacs.
>>>
>>> You need to install git on your system (see http://git-scm.com and ask
>>> for help if needed) then to download Worg like this:
>>>
>>> ~$ git pull git://repo.or.cz/Worg.git
>          ^^^^
>
> Oops -- the right command is this one:
>
> ~$ git clone git://repo.or.cz/Worg.git

I am quite familiar with git, so figured that one out. :)

--
Suvayu