Sébastien Vauban wrote: >Just to say I'm back online -- after a week holiday and an almost nil access >to the newsgroups. >Thanks a lot for trying to get Gnus better behaving in face of slow servers >like Courier... >Do "you" want me to test something special to move things forward? Okay, could you try the attached patch? It is based on current master and tries to look up the article number (uid) in NOVCACHE and falls back to UID SEARCH when the message is not cached. To make a message enter Gnus' cache you might to modify `gnus-cache-enter-articles'. The cache setting I used to test the patch are: ,----[ gnus.el ] | (setq nnimap-nov-is-evil nil) | (setq gnus-use-cache t) | (setq gnus-cache-enter-articles '(ticked dormant unread read)) `---- NOTE: This patch is deliberately not attached as text/plain to avoid the patchtracker catching it (no proper commit message and all). Best, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de