For the recent project I had to prepare, I did have to generate a GANTT chart. I tried using TJ2 via org but found the current implementation not suitable for my way of working. Instead of using TJ, either 2 or 3, I simply created my own chart using tikz in latex. To make my life easier, I created a number of latex commands for this. I've now developed some code which will take an org table and create a GANTT chart. Some of you may find this useful so I've attached an org document with all the codes (emacs lisp + latex) along with an example. I've also attached a PDF so you can see what I get. The codes are not necessarily easily customisable so they may not do what you want. For the types of project proposals I have to prepare, the level of detail I have here is sufficient. eric