* variables governing archiving gone?
@ 2010-10-17 20:05 Brian van den Broek
From: Brian van den Broek @ 2010-10-17 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've been overhauling my use or orgmode and have also started keeping
current with the git repository. From a pull less than 24hrs ago, the
documentation refers to the variables:

  - org-archive-default-command
  - org-archive-save-context-info

But neither C-h a nor M-x customize group org-agenda seems to know of
either variable.

Doc bug, code bug, or user error?

Best,

Brian vdB

* Re: variables governing archiving gone?
@ 2010-10-18 18:05 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2010-10-18 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian van den Broek; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Sun, 17 Oct 2010 16:05:33 -0400,
Brian van den Broek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been overhauling my use or orgmode and have also started keeping
> current with the git repository. From a pull less than 24hrs ago, the
> documentation refers to the variables:
>
>   - org-archive-default-command
>   - org-archive-save-context-info
>
> But neither C-h a nor M-x customize group org-agenda seems to know of
> either variable.
>
> Doc bug, code bug, or user error?

User error?

dmaus@x60s ~/projects/org-mode/origin (git)-[master] % grep "org-archive-default" lisp/*el
lisp/org-agenda.el:(defvar org-archive-default-command)
lisp/org-agenda.el:  (org-agenda-archive-with org-archive-default-command))
lisp/org-agenda.el:  (org-agenda-archive-with org-archive-default-command 'confirm))
lisp/org-archive.el:(defcustom org-archive-default-command 'org-archive-subtree
lisp/org-archive.el:This command is set with the variable `org-archive-default-command'."
lisp/org-archive.el:  (call-interactively org-archive-default-command))
lisp/org-archive.el:This command is set with the variable `org-archive-default-command'."
lisp/org-archive.el:      (call-interactively org-archive-default-command)
lisp/org-install.el:This command is set with the variable `org-archive-default-command'.
lisp/org-install.el:This command is set with the variable `org-archive-default-command'.

dmaus@x60s ~/projects/org-mode/origin (git)-[master] % grep "org-save-context-info" lisp/*el
1 dmaus@x60s ~/projects/org-mode/origin (git)-[master] % grep "org-archive-save-context-info" lisp/*el
lisp/org-archive.el:`time' from the variable `org-archive-save-context-info'."
lisp/org-archive.el:(defcustom org-archive-save-context-info '(time file olpath category todo itags)
lisp/org-archive.el:      (when org-archive-save-context-info
lisp/org-archive.el:        (let ((l org-archive-save-context-info) e n v)
dmaus@x60s ~/projects/org-mode/origin (git)-[master] %

Best,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 230 bytes --]

* Re: variables governing archiving gone?
@ 2010-10-22 16:06 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-22 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian van den Broek; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 17, 2010, at 10:05 PM, Brian van den Broek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been overhauling my use or orgmode and have also started
> keeping current with the git repository. From a pull less than 24hrs
> ago, the documentation refers to the variables:
>
> - org-archive-default-command
> - org-archive-save-context-info

I am not autoloading every and all variables.
Load org-archive.el and the variables will be visible.
The general all time fix for problems like this in Org:

   C-c C-x !

It loads all Org files.

- Carsten