From: Eric S Fraga <ucecesf@ucl.ac.uk>
Subject: org-column face being changed somewhere...
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 20:43:19 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello,

for a very long time now, I have been puzzling about why my org column
view doesn't look right but I've never really had the chance to track
down the problem.  The view doesn't look right because the face used
doesn't match the rest of the faces used in my org buffers.
Specifically, the font used for column view is /smaller/ than the
default font for all other faces.

When I ask for information on the org-column face, via customize-face,
I get the following (edited for brevity):

Org Column face: (sample) Hide Face
   State: CHANGED outside Customize; operating on it here may be unreliable.
   Face for column display of entry properties. Hide Rest

[...]

Groups: Org Faces
Choice: Value Menu
 Attributes: [X] Font Family: Bitstream Vera Sans Mono
             [ ] Font Foundry: *
             [ ] Width: *
             [X] Height: Value Menu Height in 1/10 pt: 97

Note the setting for height.  I have a custom-set-faces in my .emacs
which sets the /default/ face to have height 120.  However, the
custom-set-faces is *after* all my other customisations, including
what appears to be the original default value.  Nevertheless, all my
other org faces appear as I would expect them to with a height of 120.

The curious bit is that customize-face tells me that this face has been
"changed outside customize" and yet I do not change this face *anywhere*
that I can see (having grepped to my heart's content...).

If I do use customize to set the height to 120, everything looks just
fine but I would rather not do this as I would like all faces to follow
whatever customisation I do for the default face (especially as I use a
different default for different computers, such as laptop versus
desktop, but I have almost all other configurations shared between
them).

Can anybody help shed any light on this?  I hope some of what I said
above makes sense...

Thanks for reading this far,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.123.g950be)