* Worg update
@ 2011-07-16 14:50 Thomas S. Dye
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-07-16 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha all,

I think Worg hasn't updated for several days.

The last three lines in log say this:

Publishing file /home/emacs/git/Worg/org-faq.org using `org-publish-org-to-html'
Exporting...
Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

All the best,
Tom
--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Worg update
@ 2011-07-16 15:39 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-07-16 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, Org-mode

Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

> I think Worg hasn't updated for several days.
>
> The last three lines in log say this:
>
> Publishing file /home/emacs/git/Worg/org-faq.org using `org-publish-org-to-html'
> Exporting...
> Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

Did the handling of ``#+INCLUDE:'' change recently? There seem
to be quoting problems because of lines like this:

#+include: "theindex.inc"

in the file ``theindex.org'' and

#+INCLUDE: "../code/awk/ical2org.awk" src sh

in org-tutorials/org-google-sync.org, where the quotes are not
stripped - they are taken as part of the filename, and eventually when
the filename is checked against the cache of last mode times, the name
includes the quotes . That function then blows up because there is no
file called ``"theindex.org"''

Also, even though somehow I had ``theindex.org'' in my clone of worg, it
does not seem to be git-controlled, but it also does not seem to be a
derived file. What's up with that?

Nick

* Re: Worg update
@ 2011-07-16 15:49 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-07-16 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, Org-mode

@ 2011-07-16 16:02   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-07-16 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: nicholas.dokos, Org-mode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:

> Also, even though somehow I had ``theindex.org'' in my clone of worg, it
> does not seem to be git-controlled, but it also does not seem to be a
> derived file. What's up with that?

Scratch this: org-publish creates theindex.org if :makeindex is set.

Nick

* Re: Worg update
@ 2011-07-16 16:14     ` Matthew Sauer
From: Matthew Sauer @ 2011-07-16 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Org-mode

I just did a pull and org-issues updated (about 10K some deletions and
around the same amount of insertions.

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:
> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, even though somehow I had ``theindex.org'' in my clone of worg, it
>> does not seem to be git-controlled, but it also does not seem to be a
>> derived file. What's up with that?
>>

> Scratch this: org-publish creates theindex.org if :makeindex is set.
>
> Nick

* Re: Worg update
@ 2011-07-16 16:29       ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-07-16 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Sauer; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, Org-mode

Matthew Sauer <improv.philosophy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just did a pull and org-issues updated (about 10K some deletions and
> around the same amount of insertions.

The problem is not that worg is down: pulls/pushes work fine. It's the
publishing that fails.

Nick

* Re: Worg update
@ 2011-07-16 16:37   ` Jon Anders Skorpen
From: Jon Anders Skorpen @ 2011-07-16 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: Org-mode

On Sat 2011-07-16 at 11:39, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Did the handling of ``#+INCLUDE:'' change recently? There seem
> to be quoting problems because of lines like this:
>
> #+include: "theindex.inc"
>
> in the file ``theindex.org'' and
>
> #+INCLUDE: "../code/awk/ical2org.awk" src sh
>
> in org-tutorials/org-google-sync.org, where the quotes are not
> stripped - they are taken as part of the filename, and eventually when
> the filename is checked against the cache of last mode times, the name
> includes the quotes . That function then blows up because there is no
> file called ``"theindex.org"''

Yes it did. org-publish crashed when included files was double
quoted. But it should be fixed in commit:
920cf53e686daea4f406aa237b48fe2ef4730426

 -Jon Anders Skorpen

* Re: Worg update
@ 2011-07-16 16:47 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-16 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Tom,

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> I think Worg hasn't updated for several days.

Yes, since this commit:
http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commit;h=8834bde39f90e0fa54d998f107af07e545d1165e

> The last three lines in log say this:
>
> Publishing file /home/emacs/git/Worg/org-faq.org using `org-publish-org-to-html'
> Exporting...
> Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

I fixed a problem in ob.el and just republished Worg manually.

Thanks for spotting this!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Worg update
@ 2011-07-16 16:47   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-16 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Did the handling of ``#+INCLUDE:'' change recently? There seem
> to be quoting problems because of lines like this:
>
> #+include: "theindex.inc"
>
> in the file ``theindex.org'' and
>
> #+INCLUDE: "../code/awk/ical2org.awk" src sh
>
> in org-tutorials/org-google-sync.org, where the quotes are not
> stripped - they are taken as part of the filename, and eventually when
> the filename is checked against the cache of last mode times, the name
> includes the quotes . That function then blows up because there is no
> file called ``"theindex.org"''

This should have been fixed around midday -- please double-check and
report any problem.

 Bastien

* Re: Worg update
@ 2011-07-16 16:51     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-07-16 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Anders Skorpen; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, Org-mode

Jon Anders Skorpen <jonas@ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> On Sat 2011-07-16 at 11:39, Nick Dokos wrote:
> >
> > Did the handling of ``#+INCLUDE:'' change recently? There seem
> > to be quoting problems because of lines like this:
> >
> > #+include: "theindex.inc"
> >
> > in the file ``theindex.org'' and
> >
> > #+INCLUDE: "../code/awk/ical2org.awk" src sh
> >
> > in org-tutorials/org-google-sync.org, where the quotes are not
> > stripped - they are taken as part of the filename, and eventually when
> > the filename is checked against the cache of last mode times, the name
> > includes the quotes . That function then blows up because there is no
> > file called ``"theindex.org"''
> >

> Yes it did. org-publish crashed when included files was double
> quoted. But it should be fixed in commit:
> 920cf53e686daea4f406aa237b48fe2ef4730426

Thanks: I pulled org just now to get this fix and I can publish Worg locally
without error.

Nick

* Re: Worg update
@ 2011-07-16 17:03     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-07-16 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, Org-mode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
>
> > Did the handling of ``#+INCLUDE:'' change recently? There seem
> > to be quoting problems because of lines like this:
> >
> > #+include: "theindex.inc"
> >
> > in the file ``theindex.org'' and
> >
> > #+INCLUDE: "../code/awk/ical2org.awk" src sh
> >
> > in org-tutorials/org-google-sync.org, where the quotes are not
> > stripped - they are taken as part of the filename, and eventually when
> > the filename is checked against the cache of last mode times, the name
> > includes the quotes . That function then blows up because there is no
> > file called ``"theindex.org"''
>
> This should have been fixed around midday -- please double-check and
> report any problem.

Indeed: problem fixed.

Thanks,
Nick