* Keeping vertical bars in exported, ASCII file
@ 2011-07-28 23:00 Michael Hannon
From: Michael Hannon @ 2011-07-28 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List

Greetings.  I wonder if there's a way to tell Emacs to keep the "fences"
(vertical bars) in an exported, ASCII file.  I.e., sometimes I'd like:

    | Name  | Phone | Age |
    |-------+-------+-----|
    | Peter |  1234 |  17 |
    | Anna  |  4321 |  25 |

instead of:

      Name    Phone   Age
     -------+-------+-----
      Peter    1234    17
      Anna     4321    25

Is there some way to do that?

I've tried:

    #+OPTIONS |:t
    #+OPTIONS ::t
    #+OPTIONS |:t ::t

but didn't notice any change in the output.

Thanks,

-- Mike

* Re: Keeping vertical bars in exported, ASCII file
@ 2011-08-16 13:27 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-08-16 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Hannon; +Cc: Org-Mode List

Hi Michael,

Michael Hannon <jm_hannon@yahoo.com> writes:

> Greetings.  I wonder if there's a way to tell Emacs to keep the
> "fences" (vertical bars) in an exported, ASCII file.

Yes there is:

  (setq org-export-ascii-table-keep-all-vertical-lines t)

Best,

--
 Bastien