Hi Pascal, M.P. writes: > I'd like to add to my tasks a property whose value should be the difference in > time between the effort estimates and the actual clocked time. The final purpose > is to use the property in column view mode as I do with CLOCKSUM and Effort. > Could you give me any hints? There is no way to do this easily right now. However, this command will display the remaining effort: #+begin_src emacs-lisp (defun my-org-display-remaining-effort () "Compute remaining effort for current subtree." (interactive) (let ((clocksum (org-clock-sum-current-item)) (effort (org-duration-string-to-minutes (org-entry-get (point) "Effort")))) (message (org-minutes-to-hh:mm-string (- effort clocksum))))) #+end_src Also, the attached patch allow to postprocess property values with custom functions when inserting them with org-set-properties. Let me know if you find this useful! Best,