* Patch: Customize failure for org-agenda-custom-commands
@ 2012-03-19 21:23 Joe Vornehm Jr.
2012-03-22 0:22 ` Bastien
0 siblings, 1 reply; 2+ messages in thread
From: Joe Vornehm Jr. @ 2012-03-19 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Joe Vornehm Jr.
The Customize interface for org-agenda-custom-commands fails for agenda commands with an org-agenda-entry-types command option. The reason it fails is that the org-agenda-entry-types option should be a quoted list, but the defcustom expression doesn't add the quote properly. A patch is below.
To reproduce the error:
1. M-x customize-variable RET org-agenda-custom-commands
2. Click the first INS button
3. Choose a convenient access key and description (or leave them as defaults -- I used access key "x")
4. Click the second Value Menu button (currently set to "Tags/Property match (all agenda files)") and choose "Agenda"
5. Under "Local settings for this command. Remember to quote values:", click INS
6. Click the new Value Menu button and choose "Set daily/weekly entry types"
7. C-c C-c (sets Customize variable for the current session)
8. M-x org-agenda RET x (or just C-c a x) -- you'll get an empty agenda buffer and the error message "Symbol's function definition is void: :deadline".
I haven't checked whether there are other quoting issues in the customization definition for org-agenda-custom-commands but thought I would submit the patch anyway.
diff --git a/lisp/org-agenda.el b/lisp/org-agenda.el
index 1b033e8..2e74d5d 100644
@@ -306,11 +306,13 @@ you can \"misuse\" it to also add other text to the header. However,
(string :tag "+tag or -tag"))))
(list :tag "Set daily/weekly entry types"
- (set :greedy t :value (:deadline :scheduled :timestamp :sexp)
- (const :deadline)
- (const :scheduled)
- (const :timestamp)
- (const :sexp)))
+ (const :format "" quote)
+ (set :greedy t :value (:deadline :scheduled :timestamp :sexp)
+ (const :deadline)
+ (const :scheduled)
+ (const :timestamp)
+ (const :sexp))))
(list :tag "Standard skipping condition"
:value (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if))
^ permalink raw reply related [flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread
end of thread, other threads:[~2012-03-22 9:32 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: 2+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2012-03-19 21:23 Patch: Customize failure for org-agenda-custom-commands Joe Vornehm Jr.
2012-03-22 0:22 ` Bastien
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).