Hi Myles, Sorry I missed your email for so long. On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:51:29 +0000, Myles English wrote: > > Hi Chris, > > >> On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:33:22 -0600, Chris Gray said: > > > Hello, I am using org-export-as-html with the body-only parameter > > set to t in the org plugin for ikiwiki that I'm working on. It > > works almost perfectly, but I recently had a user point out that > > it's not possible to get a table of contents, even when one is > > explicitly asked for in the #+OPTIONS line of the org file. > > > Since the table of contents is part of the body (at least in the > > sense that it is between the tags), I found this surprising. > > So would it cause problems to change the line > > > (if (and org-export-with-toc (not body-only)) ...) > > > to > > > (if org-export-with-toc ...) > > > in org-export-as-html? > > I see one problem in that it would be then be inconsistent with > org-export-as-ascii which considers the TOC to be part of the header. I > would like to be able to export just the TOC (as ascii, and I understand > a new ascii exporter has been written lately). The same thing for the > html exporter would presumably solve your problem too because then you > could export TOC+body (as html)? The thing is, the docstring is not consistent with the code. It would make my life easier if the code was changed to match the docstring, but I would also be okay if the opposite happened. I am also looking forward to the new exporter being ready, but I guess this small issue should be fixed in the current exporter until it is. I have attached the patch that I suggested for the HTML exporter. Cheers, Chris