"Sebastien Vauban" writes: > Hi Eric, > > I'm trying to specify the column names of the table. > > #+name: input > | title | baz | > |-------+-----| > | obs1 | foo | > | obs2 | bar | > > But both versions (with symbols or strings) just do return the plain input > table. > > #+name: R-echo-colnames-list > #+begin_src R :var data=input :exports results :colnames '(Rev Author) > data > #+end_src > > #+name: R-echo-colnames-qlist > #+begin_src R :var data=input :exports results :colnames '("Rev" "Author") > data > #+end_src > > Am I doing something wrong? > > Best regards, > Seb It looks like ob-R implements its own result table reconstruction instead of using the general support. This is because R actually has a notion of column names and row names internally. The implementation in ob-R does not correctly handle specified colnmaes as your example shows. The attached patch brings ob-R closer to the using the unified general table reconstructed used in most other languages, and fixes your problem mentioned above. I haven't applied it however, as it may introduce other bugs related to specifying column names from within R. For example, I'm not sure that it will now correctly apply column names from a table built entirely from within R. Additional testing by someone more familiar with R than myself would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,