* Navi-mode in action (Screencast on Youtube)
@ 2013-04-07 23:55 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-04-07 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi List,

I made a screencast showing the new libraries for 'Org-mode outside
Org-mode' (outshine, outorg, pop-org, navi-mode) in action:

,----------------------------
| http://youtu.be/nqE6YxlY0rw
`----------------------------

I used 'recordmydesktop' for recording but had difficulties with the
audio (so there is no tone) and the video quality is not really
brilliant, its best to watch the video in HD.

Any tips for better/other recording software (for GNU/Linux) are
welcome.

PS
I will make another screencast showing how navi-mode works with Org-mode
files too.

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Exploring org-element.el with navi-mode (was: Navi-mode in action)
@ 2013-04-14  8:55 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-04-14  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

Hi List,

its now possible to use the new libraries for 'Org-mode outside
Org-mode' (outshine, outorg, pop-org, navi-mode) on Emacs Lisp files
that use the official header conventions (;;;+ ).

Here is a 4 min screencast demonstrating this, using the well-structured
'org-element.el' as example file:

,-------------------------------------------
`-------------------------------------------

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Exploring org-element.el with navi-mode
@ 2013-04-15  9:37   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-04-15  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
> its now possible to use the new libraries for 'Org-mode outside
> Org-mode' (outshine, outorg, pop-org, navi-mode) on Emacs Lisp files
> that use the official header conventions (;;;+ ).

Where are these official header conventions described?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Exploring org-element.el with navi-mode
@ 2013-04-15 10:24     ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-04-15 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Sebastien Vauban"
<wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

Hello Sebastien,

> Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
>> its now possible to use the new libraries for 'Org-mode outside
>> Org-mode' (outshine, outorg, pop-org, navi-mode) on Emacs Lisp files
>> that use the official header conventions (;;;+ ).
>
> Where are these official header conventions described?

There is a thread on emacs-devel with a discussion about the issue,
describing the:

- Lisp conventions for headlines (that appear surprisingly illogical and
impractical)

,---------------------------------------------------------------------
| https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-04/msg00284.html
`---------------------------------------------------------------------

- the Emacs Lisp conventions for headlines:

,---------------------------------------------------------------------
| https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-04/msg00266.html
`---------------------------------------------------------------------

but the elisp manual seems to be out of date on this:

,---------------------------------------------------------------------
| https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-04/msg00305.html
`---------------------------------------------------------------------

- and what I tend to use now and like best and thus proposed as
  alternative conventions (outcommented Org-mode headers):

,--------------
`--------------

--

@ 2013-04-15 12:03       ` Nicolas Richard
From: Nicolas Richard @ 2013-04-15 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
> - the Emacs Lisp conventions for headlines:
>
> ,---------------------------------------------------------------------
> | https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-04/msg00266.html

Also from within emacs : (info "(elisp) Comment Tips")

> but the elisp manual seems to be out of date on this:

> | https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-04/msg00305.html

IMO the manual isn't out of date but simply more specific : headlines
begin with regexp ";;;+ [^ ]" i.e. exactly one space character.

--
N.