* linguistic, covington style: problems with org-preview-latex-fragment
@ 2013-11-14 14:31 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2013-11-14 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello

Convington.sty is a linguistic style for presenting interline
translation. I attach a pdf file as an examnple. The typical
file looks as follows.

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{covington}
\begin{document}

\begin{examplecov}
\gll Marun ngeerne.
Boy\textsc{-NOM} sleep.
\glt 'The boy is sleeping'.
\glend
\end{examplecov}
\end{document}

So have added \usepackage{covington}
to org-format-latex-header, as I have done before. However when I run
org-preview-latex-fragment, no png are generated, I even do not see a
buffer containing possible latex errors.

Any idea what to do?

Uwe Brauer

[-- Attachment #2: test-cov.pdf --]

* Re: linguistic, covington style: problems with org-preview-latex-fragment
@ 2013-11-14 16:13 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-11-14 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hello
>
> Convington.sty is a linguistic style for presenting interline
> translation. I attach a pdf file as an examnple. The typical
> file looks as follows.
>
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \usepackage{covington}
> \begin{document}
>

> \begin{examplecov}
> \gll Marun ngeerne.
> Boy\textsc{-NOM} sleep.
> \glt 'The boy is sleeping'.
> \glend
> \end{examplecov}
> \end{document}
>
> So have added \usepackage{covington}
> to org-format-latex-header, as I have done before. However when I run
> org-preview-latex-fragment, no png are generated, I even do not see a
> buffer containing possible latex errors.
>
> Any idea what to do?

The *Messages* buffer should have something like this (.dvi or .pdf,
depending on whether you use dvipng or imagemagick):

Creating image...1
if: PDF file /tmp/orgtex31356_9l.pdf wasn't produced

If there is no such message, try diff'ing /tmp before and after you
try to produce the fragment. That should tell you the name of the .tex
file.

Try processing the corresponding .tex file from the command line:

  latex /tmp/orgtex31356_9l.tex

or

  pdflatex /tmp/orgtex31356_9l.tex

and see where it breaks.