Hi Nicolas and all, Here's a new patch that adds a variable org-latex-custom-id-as-label to control whether CUSTOM_ID should be used to generate labels during LaTeX export. Let me know what you think. In particular, I wasn't sure if I should provide more information in the defcustom statement beyond :group and :type (like :package-version?). Also, does the docstring represent the trade-offs of using this variable well enough? I wasn't sure how to get git format-patch to generate a single patch for the changes between my branch and master (since there are now two commits on my branch), so this was generated with git diff --patch. If you want me to send the commit message, etc. can you let me know how to do this in whatever way is most convenient for you?