* Link to Top Most Heading
@ 2014-06-16  2:02 Esben Stien
From: Esben Stien @ 2014-06-16  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to figure out how I can get a link to the top most heading
without actually moving point up there and doing C-c C-l.

Is there some function to do that?

If I try using the function outline-previous-heading, how can I know
when I've reached the top as it seems to just bang its head in the roof
of the file when it reaches the top. It also finds stuff above the
topmost heading, like lines beginning with "#".

Any pointers as to what I can try?

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m

* Re: Link to Top Most Heading
@ 2014-06-16  8:31 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-06-16  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> writes:

> I'm trying to figure out how I can get a link to the top most heading
> without actually moving point up there and doing C-c C-l.
>
> Is there some function to do that?
>
> If I try using the function outline-previous-heading, how can I know
> when I've reached the top as it seems to just bang its head in the roof
> of the file when it reaches the top. It also finds stuff above the
> topmost heading, like lines beginning with "#".
>
> Any pointers as to what I can try?

I don't know if `org-goto-first-headline' is implemented, but e.g. this
function shows how to do it, since it needs to find first headline too:

(defun org-first-headline-recenter ()
  "Move cursor to the first headline and recenter the headline."
  (goto-char (point-min))
  (when (re-search-forward (concat "^\\(" org-outline-regexp "\\)") nil t)
    (set-window-start (selected-window) (point-at-bol))))

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Link to Top Most Heading
@ 2014-06-25  9:32 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-06-25  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Esben Stien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Esben

Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> writes:

> I'm trying to figure out how I can get a link to the top most heading
> without actually moving point up there and doing C-c C-l.

(defun my-org-store-link-to-top-level-heading ()
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (org-up-heading-all 10)
    (call-interactively 'org-store-link)))

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Link to Top Most Heading
@ 2014-06-25 10:06   ` Esben Stien
From: Esben Stien @ 2014-06-25 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> (defun my-org-store-link-to-top-level-heading ()
>   (interactive)
>   (save-excursion
>     (org-up-heading-all 10)
>     (call-interactively 'org-store-link)))

Perfect. So simple with org-up-heading-all. Didn't find that. Thanks a
lot. Saves me so much time;)

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m