On 2015-05-28 Thu 04:49, Rainer M Krug wrote: > I reralised this morning that there eems to be a bug introduced in one > of the last commits which causes repeted editing of source blocks to > indent more each time the are edited (C-'). > > Original: > ,---- > | #+begin_src sh > | echo 2 > | #+end_src > `---- > > After C-' and back again > ,---- > | #+begin_src sh > | echo 2 > | #+end_src > `---- > > After second C-' and back > ,---- > | #+begin_src sh > | echo 2 > | #+end_src > `---- > > When C-', the indirect buffer has the same indentation as the source > block, but when switching back, two more spaces are added. I can’t reproduce the second indent but I think it’s a bug that there is any indentation at all. The documentation of `org-edit-special' (C-x ') says: Call a special editor for the element at point. … No mention of indentation or other reformatting of my code. The same goes for `org-edit-src-exit' (C-c C-c) which says: Kill current sub-editing buffer and return to source buffer. The edit-in-buffer feature should not touch the indentation. If the syntax of the language is sensitive to indentation (e.g. Python) this can break the code. Example: #+BEGIN_SRC python :results output print "test" #+END_SRC is invalid Python syntax. Also having one function perform two very different actions (edit code in separate buffer *and* reformat the code) is poor design. At least in this special case. When I open the code in a separate buffer but then decide not to change it (C-c C-c), I'll end up with extra indentation and this will create unnecessary changes when I commit the file in git. Titus