Eric S Fraga writes: > On Friday, 13 Jan 2017 at 08:50, Anssi Saari wrote: >> When I tried MobileOrg I think I used Dropbox. But since initiating >> manual sync from Emacs seemed mandatory I just didn't get much use out >> of MobileOrg. > > But automatic sync in Emacs should be quite straightforward and is > independent of the mobile end. You can use a timer, for instance: > > ,----[ C-h f run-with-idle-timer RET ] > | run-with-idle-timer is an interactive compiled Lisp function in > | ‘timer.el’. > | > | (run-with-idle-timer SECS REPEAT FUNCTION &rest ARGS) > | > | Perform an action the next time Emacs is idle for SECS seconds. > | The action is to call FUNCTION with arguments ARGS. > | SECS may be an integer, a floating point number, or the internal > | time format returned by, e.g., ‘current-idle-time’. > | If Emacs is currently idle, and has been idle for N seconds (N < SECS), > | then it will call FUNCTION in SECS - N seconds from now. Using > | SECS <= N is not recommended if this function is invoked from an idle > | timer, because FUNCTION will then be called immediately. > | > | If REPEAT is non-nil, do the action each time Emacs has been idle for > | exactly SECS seconds (that is, only once for each time Emacs becomes idle). > | > | This function returns a timer object which you can use in ‘cancel-timer’. > | > | [back] > `---- > >> >> So whatever you want to provide, make sure sync is automatic. And >> preferably supporting private sync options too. I have this in my emacs init.el (run-at-time "10:15" 86400 'org-mobile-push) This works in combination with a cron job (a few minutes later) that syncs the files to my 'cloud', where my phone picks them up.