* using org-mark-entry-for-agenda-action
@ 2019-06-11  8:54 Victor A. Stoichita
From: Victor A. Stoichita @ 2019-06-11  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

The manual describes the function
org-mark-entry-for-agenda-action. It should
> "Mark the current entry for agenda action. After you have marked
> the entry like this, you can open the agenda or the calendar to
> find an appropriate date. With point on the selected date, press
> k s or k d to schedule the marked item."

https://orgmode.org/manual/Inserting-deadline_002fschedule.html

However, I can’t seem to find that function using Org mode version
9.2.3 (9.2.3-20-g31873e-elpaplus). Am I missing something?

Regards,
Victor

* Re: using org-mark-entry-for-agenda-action
@ 2019-06-11 18:41 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2019-06-11 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor A. Stoichita, emacs-orgmode

"Victor A. Stoichita" <victor@svictor.net> writes:

> The manual describes the function
> org-mark-entry-for-agenda-action. It should
>> "Mark the current entry for agenda action. After you have marked
>> the entry like this, you can open the agenda or the calendar to
>> find an appropriate date. With point on the selected date, press
>> k s or k d to schedule the marked item."
>
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Inserting-deadline_002fschedule.html
>
> However, I can’t seem to find that function using Org mode version
> 9.2.3 (9.2.3-20-g31873e-elpaplus). Am I missing something?

That command was deleted in f95e5ff1b (Fix a bug, allow "i" in calendar
(and remove "k" from calendar), 2012-09-30).  doc/org-manual.org no
longer contains a reference to it as of e95ac0bac (org-manual: Delete
reference to removed function, 2019-05-08).  Following your link, I
don't see the text you quote, so it seems the manual online has already
been updated.

--
Kyle

* Re: using org-mark-entry-for-agenda-action
@ 2019-06-11 19:20   ` Victor A. Stoichita
From: Victor A. Stoichita @ 2019-06-11 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Le 11 Jun 2019, Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> a écrit :

> "Victor A. Stoichita" <victor@svictor.net> writes:
>
>> The manual describes the function
>> org-mark-entry-for-agenda-action. It should
>>> "Mark the current entry for agenda action. After you have
>>> marked
>>> the entry like this, you can open the agenda or the calendar
>>> find an appropriate date. With point on the selected date,
>>> press
>>> k s or k d to schedule the marked item."
>>
>> https://orgmode.org/manual/Inserting-deadline_002fschedule.html
>>
>> However, I can’t seem to find that function using Org mode
>> version
>> 9.2.3 (9.2.3-20-g31873e-elpaplus). Am I missing something?
>
> That command was deleted in f95e5ff1b (Fix a bug, allow "i" in
> calendar
> (and remove "k" from calendar), 2012-09-30).  doc/org-manual.org
> no
> longer contains a reference to it as of e95ac0bac (org-manual:
> reference to removed function, 2019-05-08).  Following your
> link, I
> don't see the text you quote, so it seems the manual online has
> already
> been updated.

Thanks for the confirmation. Indeed, after refreshing my browser
cache, the description in the manual disappeared.

Is there now another way to the same effect: schedule an existing
entry by browsing the agenda for an appropriate date?

@ 2019-06-11 23:28     ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2019-06-11 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor A. Stoichita, emacs-orgmode

"Victor A. Stoichita" <victor@svictor.net> writes:

[...]

> Is there now another way to the same effect: schedule an existing
> entry by browsing the agenda for an appropriate date?

Sorry, I'm not aware of a way to do that, but hopefully others will
chime to say I'm overlooking something.

--
Kyle