* List unstuck projects in agenda
@ 2019-09-05 20:03 Josiah Schwab
From: Josiah Schwab @ 2019-09-05 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I want to separately display stuck and unstuck projects in my agenda.

I define my stuck projects via setting org-stuck-projects, so displaying
stuck ones is easy (via a (stuck "") in org-agenda-custom-commands).

I want to have another section of the agenda that displays only my
unstuck projects.  I am finding this difficult.

I searched the list archives and found this old thread.

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-01/msg00104.html

Is a something along the lines of a copy-paste-tweak of
org-agenda-list-stuck-projects still the easiest way to go?

Josiah

* Re: List unstuck projects in agenda
@ 2019-09-05 21:44 ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2019-09-05 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Josiah,

You may find org-ql helpful, as it makes selecting entries easy and
flexible.

https://github.com/alphapapa/org-ql

Here's an example that might help:

https://github.com/alphapapa/org-ql/blob/master/examples.org#stuck-projects-block-agenda

* Re: List unstuck projects in agenda
@ 2019-09-06  2:59   ` Josiah Schwab
From: Josiah Schwab @ 2019-09-06  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Adam,

> You may find org-ql helpful, as it makes selecting entries easy and
> flexible.
>
> https://github.com/alphapapa/org-ql
>
> Here's an example that might help:
>
> https://github.com/alphapapa/org-ql/blob/master/examples.org#stuck-projects-block-agenda

Thanks for the suggestion.

I was hoping to stick with stock orgmode.

Nonetheless, I gave it a try.  It couldn't quite make it meet my desires
(I put some more info in GitHub issues), but overall it looks neat.

@ 2019-09-06 18:39     ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2019-09-06 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Josiah Schwab <jschwab@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Adam,
>
>> You may find org-ql helpful, as it makes selecting entries easy and
>> flexible.
>>
>> https://github.com/alphapapa/org-ql
>>
>> Here's an example that might help:
>>
>> https://github.com/alphapapa/org-ql/blob/master/examples.org#stuck-projects-block-agenda
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> I was hoping to stick with stock orgmode.
>
> Nonetheless, I gave it a try.  It couldn't quite make it meet my desires
> (I put some more info in GitHub issues), but overall it looks neat.

Hi Josiah,

Thanks for the reports on GitHub.  I pushed commits that should fix both
of the issues you reported.  The tag matching should now work quickly
and respect the relevant Org tag-inheritance options.