* Bug Report: Broken Link in Worg
@ 2019-10-21  7:09 Joshua Meyers
From: Joshua Meyers @ 2019-10-21  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In this page (https://orgmode.org/worg/org-gtd-etc.html) the link to the
"very instructive post by Pete Phillips" now directs to the defunct
gmane.org.  I think I tracked down the post it is supposed to link to, so I
don't want others to have to do this work again:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2007-12/msg00281.html

Best,
Joshua

* Re: Bug Report: Broken Link in Worg
@ 2019-10-21 17:49 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2019-10-21 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Joshua Meyers <meygerjos@gmail.com> writes:

> In this page (https://orgmode.org/worg/org-gtd-etc.html) the link to
> the "very instructive post by Pete Phillips" now directs to the
> defunct gmane.org.  I think I tracked down the post it is supposed
> to link to, so I don't want others to have to do this work again:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2007-12/msg00281.html

You can go one step further and actually fix it in the worg page -
worg is user-editable: https://orgmode.org/worg/index.html#org218100b

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler

* Re: Bug Report: Broken Link in Worg
@ 2020-02-02  7:08 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-02  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Meyers; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Joshua,

Joshua Meyers <meygerjos@gmail.com> writes:

> In this page (https://orgmode.org/worg/org-gtd-etc.html) the link to
> the "very instructive post by Pete Phillips" now directs to the
> defunct gmane.org.  I think I tracked down the post it is supposed to
> link to, so I don't want others to have to do this work again: https:
> //lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2007-12/msg00281.html

Fixed, thanks! As Nick said, worg is editable, see
https://orgmode.org/worg/worg-git.html

There are a few other broken links like this one, every contribution
helps.

Best,

--
 Bastien