* How to create a macro that inserts multiline text with :B_ignoreheading: tag?
@ 2021-04-30 15:19 Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2021-04-30 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I’m using org mode to create Beamer presentations, also using beamerarticle so I can create an article version of my slides with extra text. This article by James Harkins was very helpful in getting started:

https://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/beamer/beamer-dual-format.html <https://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/beamer/beamer-dual-format.html>

One issue, noted in the article, is that text you want to have appear in article mode but not in a slide needs to be outside the frame environment, which means you need to tell org to end one slide without starting another. This can be achieved by inserting a header like this into the org file before the article text:

*** More explanation coming                                 :B_ignoreheading:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
    :END:

I’d like to define a macro called, say, articletext, to insert this header into my document before exporting to LaTeX, so the org file would look something like this:

{{{article text}}}
This text appears only in the article version.

However, I can’t find any way to actually define this macro and get it to work as I want. From my experiments so far, it seems that including :B_ignoreheading: in the macro definition causes problems, but I’m not 100% sure. Anyway, I’d be very grateful if anyone can see an obvious way to get this to happen.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Richard Stanton

* Re: How to create a macro that inserts multiline text with :B_ignoreheading: tag?
@ 2021-04-30 20:40 ` Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2021-04-30 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stanton; +Cc: orgmode

Hi Richard,

Richard Stanton <rhstanton@berkeley.edu> writes:

> I’d like to define a macro called, say, articletext, to insert this
> header into my document before exporting to LaTeX, so the org file
> would look something like this:
>
> {{{article text}}}
> This text appears only in the article version.

Macro definitions do not allow spaces.

You can try something like:

#+MACRO: article_text (eval (concat "*** More explanation coming" "\s" ":B_ignoreheading:\n:PROPERTIES:\n:BEAMER_env: ignoreheading\n:END:"))

{{{article_text}}}

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

* Re: How to create a macro that inserts multiline text with :B_ignoreheading: tag?
@ 2021-04-30 23:40   ` Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2021-04-30 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Manuel Macías; +Cc: orgmode

That works. Thanks Juan Manuel!