Johan Tolö writes: > If "* Top heading" is the first heading in the buffer with nothing > above it, not even a whitespace/newline, then '(org-entry-get nil > "id" t)' with point in "* Second heading" will return the id of > "Top heading". If there is anything before "Top heading" then > 'nil' will be returned. > > This happens when I run 'emacs -Q' from within the "lisp" > directory of a newly cloned "org-mode" main branch. Ouch. Thanks for reporting! Confirmed The fix is attached. Dear all, I had to fix one of the tests, that apparently was only working because the bug existed. Please double check. Best, Ihor