Bob Heffernan writes: > Thank you for your response. > The patch you linked does seem to be intended to fix this issue. > > However, I have no experience with applying a patch (to Emacs or anything else). > On my system, ob-scheme.el.gz can be found at > /usr/share/emacs/27.2/lisp/org > can I uncompress the file, patch that, then compress again? > > Or, would I need to download the Emacs source, apply the patch and then recompile? It's not a good idea to modify Org packaged together with Emacs. For testing, you can just use the attached version of ob-scheme.el. Load your Emacs and Org mode, open the attached ob-scheme.el, and run M-x eval-buffer. That should be sufficient to test the proposed patch on your side. If the patch solves the problem you are experiencing, let us know. I will then apply the proposed patch upstream. Note that even if I apply the patch, it will only be available on the latest version of Org mode (Org 9.5.2). It is _not_ what is shipped together with your Emacs. You will need to upgrade your Org mode using M-x package-install. See https://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html#Installation for details. Best, Ihor