From: "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <arne_bab@web.de>
To: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: An Org-mode-based blogging engine?
Date: Mon, 08 May 2023 12:44:22 +0200	[thread overview]

> I'm preparing to set up a new blog, and I'd like to have a fully
> Org-mode-based workflow.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to do everything
> - including publishing the posts - from within Emacs.
>
> I know about things like "Org publish" and ox-hugo, though I never used
> them - and there are probably others - but I'm asking specifically about
> two things:
>
> A. other people's experiences with similar workflows, and
> B. tool/workflow recommendations.

My setup is different in that I use one org-file per article, but I use
org publish for my website.

You can find it on https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse

- Emacs-tooling:
  https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse/draketo.el?rev=tip
- Publishing setup:
  https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse/setup.el.in?rev=tip
- Makefile: https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse/Makefile.am?rev=tip
- Example Template:
  https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse/org-templates/level-1.org?rev=tip
- Page with its own RSS-feed: https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse/politik/kommentare.org?rev=tip

> 1. I want the blog to be fully static HTML+CSS, with a tiny sprinkling
> of (my custom) JS.

Check :-)

> 2. I want to publish a whole set of HTML files from a single Org mode
> file.

I don’t have that. Instead I have the function M-x draketo-go that
enables quick ido-completion for all sites.

Mostly yes. See https://www.draketo.de

> 4. I am going, though, to need some custom "blocks" - in HTML parlance,
> somehow in my Org source and get <div class="..."> and <span
> class="...">.  Reusing existing markup (like _underline_, which I'm not
> going to use) is not enough - I will need more than a dozen of those
> custom classes.

I just use
#+html: <div class="...">
#+html: </div>

Also @@html:<span class="foo">@@ ... @@html:</span>@@

or

#+begin_kasten

#+end_kasten

(custom block with its own shortcut and style)

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein