* Org deadlines require a specific time now?
@ 2023-06-05 13:49 Carlo Tambuatco
From: Carlo Tambuatco @ 2023-06-05 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using emacs 29.0.9, org-mode 9.6.6

I noticed whenever my deadlines lack a time, like so:

DEADLINE: <2023-06-12 Mon>

when I open the agenda view org-mode complains at me giving me this error:

org-parse-time-string: Wrong type argument: stringp, (timestamp (:type active :raw-value "<2023-06-12 Mon>" :year-start 2023 :month-start 6 :day-start 12 …))

When I add a time to the deadline (even though I do not need one)

DEADLINE: <2023-06-12 Mon 12:00>

the error message goes away. It does not matter what the time is, just that it has to be there.

This is rather strange given that it is easy to create deadlines without any times by default by simply selecting a date from the calendar and pressing enter.

Is this intentional or a bug?

* Re: Org deadlines require a specific time now?
@ 2023-06-05 14:56 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-06-05 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Carlo Tambuatco <oraclmaster@gmail.com> writes:

> Using emacs 29.0.9, org-mode 9.6.6
>
> I noticed whenever my deadlines lack a time, like so:
>
> DEADLINE: <2023-06-12 Mon>
>
> when I open the agenda view org-mode complains at me giving me this error:
>
> org-parse-time-string: Wrong type argument: stringp, (timestamp (:type active :raw-value "<2023-06-12 Mon>" :year-start 2023 :month-start 6 :day-start 12 …))

I am unable to reproduce.
May you please provide more detailed steps starting from emacs -Q?
See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Org deadlines require a specific time now?
@ 2023-06-05 19:20   ` Carlo Tambuatco
From: Carlo Tambuatco @ 2023-06-05 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I run emacs -Q with the emacs app? That's what I am running, but it
behaves differently from
running emacs from the command line terminal.

@ 2023-06-05 19:54     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-06-05 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

https://emacsformacos.com/tips

--