From: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: GTD: Solving the bottleneck of converting incoming mails to NEXT actions
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:29:54 +0200	[thread overview]

"Georg C. F. Greve" <greve@fsfeurope.org> writes:

> and when making "~/Tools/Org/E.org" the default file name, things seem
> to work fine with the one exception that instead of creating the heading
> that was specified as default, it creates a "* Notes" heading.

I cannot reproduce this. Anyway, since the headings defined in the
templates are created once, you can create them by hand for now then
leave the rest of the config untouched.

> If a heading is created, why not creat the default?

It's what Org does for me.

> On changing the file names, I wanted to avoid that, because the file
> names are used in generating the agenda, and I don't want to lose four
> characters in the compact view.

The agenda display also uses the #+CATEGORY property. So that you can
have long-filenames-are-fun.org, if the category for this file is LFNAF
then the agenda will show LFNAF :)

> "Georg's Email TODO Org File         -*- mode: org; -*-"

Agreed!

> So I consider that necessity a bug. The user has explicitly specified
> that this is an Org file, remember should not consider itself smarter
> than the user and insist on the file name extension.

Did you try to remember a note with "~/Tools/Org/E" and the string
"-*- mode: org; -*-"?  The test is done with (org-mode-p), so the string
on the first line should be okay.

>  b) remove file name extension sensitivity for Org mode files, or make
>     it smart enough to *actually* read the buffer to see what mode it is
>     in, because it should have to open the file to add the item.

This is currently the case.

--
Bastien