* Day workflow: need your opinion
@ 2009-08-04  5:57 Xavier Maillard
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2009-08-04  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am not a serious org-mode user but I am trying to use it again
for daily task planning (which everytime I tried, failed at ;)).

I did my lectures thanks to the worg project (Bernst and John
lecture were a real pleasure and sort of a non hittable dream to
me) but I still not clear how I could take advantage of all I
read (Bernst project concept is rather hard to understand for
me, it lacks examples IMO).

My main problem is that, at my work position (DBA), urgency is
not given by what I plan to do but by whom is calling me -i.e if
someone is calling me, it often means "forget what you were doing
and do this instead".

Given my fabulous talent of procrastination, this does not really
help get organized and thus this does not help in getting things
done.

How would you use org-mode in this situation ?

Ex:

a) I doing some non urgent (planned) DBA tasks (call this project A)
b) someone calls me (interrupting Project A)
c) I am doing what urgency of b) is needed
d) when c) is finished, I get back to project A

At my job, they often rules the "retro planning" concept which is
bloat. So how would you "manage" such situation in org-mode ?

Thank you,

Xavier