Carsten Dominik writes: > On Sep 18, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Ian Barton wrote: > >> As part of my "Using org on Mobile Devices" worglet, I want to try and explain >> how to use style sheets to present different formatting depending on a mobile >> device. >> >> However, I can't find any documentation about org's default export format, in >> terms of how the html is contained in divs, etc. There was a disussion a >> while back at http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg11661.html >> , but I can find anything in the org manual. >> >> If the documentation doesn't exist and someone can point me at the relevant >> bit of lisp code where it's defined, I promise to submit a patch documenting >> it:) > > Hi Ian, > > the lisp code is in org-html.el, but it may be hard to find the relevant pieces. > > Maybe the easiest is to make a file with all elements you care > about, export it and look at the resulting html..... Yes, it's quite self-explanatory. After removing all text content, you'll stay with the bare XHTML and everything should be obvious. This is the skeleton of a basic file without the information not needed like styles, JavaScript. I indented the text for readability. But note, that the contents of such a file vary a lot, depending on the export options and the files contents: