Hi, I've recently seen similar requests on this list. The attached patch provides a first pass at this support implementing both in-buffer coloring given the following syntax, and html export (I don't know the correct LaTeX syntax, but it shouldn't be hard to extend this to LaTeX as well). This uses something like the LaTeX Beamer \color{}{} directive, for example... My name is \color{red}{eric} schulte. Would result in the word "eric" appearing in red. Even though I implemented the syntax above, I'm *not* recommending this syntax, it feels decidedly more like "latex" than "org", it was simply the only obvious option for this initial implementation. -- Eric