From: "Sven Bretfeld" <sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch>
To: Matthew Jones <bsdmatburt@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: MobileOrg Android 0.5.4 Release - Now with Tablet support
Date: 4 May 2011 13:25:57 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Matthew

Thank you very much for the new version. I'm just testing the new
functions. MobileOrg will be really really good after all the new
features will be working. Nice work.

There are some issues I have detected so far (HTC Desire HD, Android
2.2.1, Dropbox-sync, completely cleaned [deleted] files before
installing):

*Changed Todo States will Not Change on the Phone*

* NEXT Some Task :HOME:

changed on the PC to

* DEFERRED Some Task :HOME:

After syncing, the phone still shows

* NEXT Some Task :HOME:

On the other hand, changing Todo states on the phone works and changes
the todo state on the PC accordingly after syncing.

*TAGs don't seem to work*

Adding a new task with the Advanced Capture feature doesn't recognize
tags for me. A tag :HOME: is neither shown in the "New Notes" view on
the phone, nor on the PC after syncing.

*Changed body edits are lost on syncing*

* NEXT Call Somebody :PHONE:

changed on the phone to

* NEXT Call Somebody :PHONE:
  Phone number is 0154 13233

After syncing, org-pull doesn't announce a new edit. The addition is
lost on both, the phone and it never arrived on the PC.

After I have written the above I made some more tests and it becomes
clear now that there is a serious syncing bug. In general, syncing
doesn't recognize changes made on the PC. Even adding a new task (or a
new test in the body, or a todo change) on the PC is not recognized by
the phone after pushing and syncing.

I'm sure it will be a small problem due to the changes made necessary by
the new features. I'm not sure if this is a problem caused by my setup.
Can anybody confirm these problems?

Greetings and thank you very much again,

Sven