* Todo with checkboxes is grayed out in agenda
@ 2011-08-24 12:43 Nathan Neff
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Nathan Neff @ 2011-08-24 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a todo like this:

* todo something
- [ ] first
- [ ] next

In the agenda, the todo something header is displayed grayed out.

I see the reason for this -- org-mode considers this to be a parent
headline of child TODOs because of the checkboxes.

Is there a way to turn this off?  I'd like to see TODOs with
checkboxes under them as regular TODOs, not as parent TODOs
in the agenda.

Thanks,
--Nate

* Re: Todo with checkboxes is grayed out in agenda
@ 2011-08-24 15:57 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2011-08-24 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Neff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Nathan Neff <nathan.neff@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a todo like this:
>
> * todo something
> - [ ] first
> - [ ] next
>
> In the agenda, the todo something header is displayed grayed out.
>
> Is there a way to turn this off?  I'd like to see TODOs with
> checkboxes under them as regular TODOs, not as parent TODOs
> in the agenda.

What is the value of `org-enforce-todo-checkbox-dependencies'?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Todo with checkboxes is grayed out in agenda
@ 2011-08-25  7:53 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-08-25  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Neff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nathan,

Nathan Neff <nathan.neff@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a todo like this:
>
> * todo something
> - [ ] first
> - [ ] next
>
> In the agenda, the todo something header is displayed grayed out.

I lack contextual information -- Emacs and Org versions, and part of
your Org configuration relevant to todos and checkboxes.  What agenda
view are you using?

Please help us reproduce the problem so that we can fix it!

 Bastien

* Re: Todo with checkboxes is grayed out in agenda
@ 2011-08-25 15:00   ` Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2011-08-25 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 2:53 AM, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> Nathan Neff <nathan.neff@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I have a todo like this:
>>
>> * todo something
>> - [ ] first
>> - [ ] next
>>
>> In the agenda, the todo something header is displayed grayed out.
>
> I lack contextual information -- Emacs and Org versions, and part of
> your Org configuration relevant to todos and checkboxes.  What agenda
> view are you using?

Hello Bastien and Nicolas --

My org-enforce-checkbox-dependencies is t
Emacs version is 23.2 (9.0)
Org-mode version is "7.5"

The agenda view is the "a" (Agenda for the current day)

Thanks for the help!

--Nate

@ 2011-08-26  0:43     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2011-08-26  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Neff; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Nathan Neff <nathan.neff@gmail.com> writes:

> My org-enforce-checkbox-dependencies is t

You should set it to nil.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Todo with checkboxes is grayed out in agenda
@ 2011-08-30 14:55 ` Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2011-08-30 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Neff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nathan Neff <nathan.neff@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a todo like this:
>
> * todo something
> - [ ] first
> - [ ] next
>
> In the agenda, the todo something header is displayed grayed out.

If you're trying to control the greying-out,
`org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks' variable may be relevant.