* Text preceding first headline is well/not exported
@ 2011-10-27 13:51 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-10-27 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

#+TITLE:     Opening text
#+DATE:      2011-10-27
#+LANGUAGE:  en

Do you see me?

* Overview

With the same settings, there is a difference between exporters for what's
done to the text before the first heading:

- *not* exported to HTML
- well exported to LaTeX

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Text preceding first headline is well/not exported
@ 2011-10-27 17:37 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-10-27 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

"Sebastien Vauban"
<wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org> writes:

> #+TITLE:     Opening text
> #+DATE:      2011-10-27
> #+LANGUAGE:  en
>
> Do you see me?
>
> * Overview
>
> With the same settings, there is a difference between exporters for what's
> done to the text before the first heading:
>
> - *not* exported to HTML
> - well exported to LaTeX
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

Maybe check org-export-skip-text-before-1st-heading

-Bernt

* Re: Text preceding first headline is well/not exported
@ 2011-10-27 21:16   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-10-27 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Bernt,

Bernt Hansen wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" writes:
>
>> #+TITLE:     Opening text
>> #+DATE:      2011-10-27
>> #+LANGUAGE:  en
>>
>> Do you see me?
>>
>> * Overview
>>
>> With the same settings, there is a difference between exporters for what's
>> done to the text before the first heading:
>>
>> - *not* exported to HTML
>> - well exported to LaTeX
>
> Maybe check org-export-skip-text-before-1st-heading

This is nil, meaning "don't skip that text".

But, anyway, be it nil or not, I'd expect the behavior to be the same in both
exporters.

Can someone confirm this behavior?

Best regards,
  Seb

--

@ 2011-10-28 14:35     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-10-28 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sébastien,

"Sebastien Vauban" <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

> But, anyway, be it nil or not, I'd expect the behavior to be the same in both
> exporters.

Me too :)

> Can someone confirm this behavior?

I cannot reproduce this behavior with your test file.

Can you reproduce this with emacs -Q?

--
 Bastien