Hi Eric, Eric Fraga writes: > unfortunately, I still have problems. I am using org completely up to > date (a few minutes ago). I do not turn orgstruct++-mode on > automatically at all any more but instead turn it on manually by > > M-x orgstruct++-mode RET > > once I'm in a Message buffer. > > I tried it just now, replying to your email as my test. Turned on the > mode, tried to fill the quoted text and it all got mixed up. You are using the exact same version of Gnus and Emacs than I do. Unless you forgot to reload the correct (uncompiled?) version of Org -- I barely dare suggesting this :) -- then this comes from something in your configuration. But no matter where it comes from, we should fix it! > Undid that. Then went to the bottom and tried to insert a new line > and got: > > org-indent-line-function: Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth' If you're certain you're loading Org correctly, please try the attached patch and just tell me if the error disappears. One possibility I can think of is that perhaps you turn on both orgstruct-mode and orgstruct++-mode. In that case when orgstruct++-mode will save the fill*/indent* variables from the _previous_ mode, it will suppose they are the ones from message-mode, which will not be true and will perhaps cause a loop. The attached patch prevents such a loop. > Turned off orgstruct++-mode (by M-x ... RET again) and filling of quoted > text works fine as does normal writing. This is already a progress against orgstruct++-mode as it worked before ... somewhat recomforting. > I will try (tomorrow) to isolate this with emacs -Q but my problem is > that my gnus configuration is really really messy and difficult to > isolate. We just need this: C-x C-f ~/.gnus.el M-x occur RET message*hook Also check in your Emacs customization file. HTH,