* Setting user-defined properties while ido-mode is active
@ 2012-06-01  4:21 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2012-06-01  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi List,
I copied the "ido everywhere" approach from Bernt Hanson's setup and it
works really great (especially using 'M-x' becomes so fast that
remembering all that keychords seems less necessary).

However, I have to deactivate ido-mode everytime I want to set a
user-defined property with C-c C-x p, since ido-mode shows me all the
predefined property names and does not let me enter my own property
name.

Did anybody else experience this, or am I simply ignorant of some basic
ido-mode functionality here?

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Setting user-defined properties while ido-mode is active
@ 2012-06-01 13:43 ` Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2012-06-01 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, May 31 2012, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:

> However, I have to deactivate ido-mode everytime I want to set a
> user-defined property with C-c C-x p, since ido-mode shows me all the
> predefined property names and does not let me enter my own property
> name.
>
> Did anybody else experience this, or am I simply ignorant of some basic
> ido-mode functionality here?

You can type the name of the new property and hit enter.  The prompt
will say "[No match]", but just ignore it.  The new property will be
created.

Regards,
Jason

* Re: Setting user-defined properties while ido-mode is active
@ 2012-06-01 16:21   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2012-06-01 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jason Dunsmore <jasondunsmore@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, May 31 2012, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
>
>> However, I have to deactivate ido-mode everytime I want to set a
>> user-defined property with C-c C-x p, since ido-mode shows me all the
>> predefined property names and does not let me enter my own property
>> name.
>>
>> Did anybody else experience this, or am I simply ignorant of some basic
>> ido-mode functionality here?
>
> You can type the name of the new property and hit enter.  The prompt
> will say "[No match]", but just ignore it.  The new property will be
> created.

That works, thanks.

--
cheers,