* orgguide translated to spanish
@ 2012-12-27  3:31 David Arroyo Menéndez
From: David Arroyo Menéndez @ 2012-12-27  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I've translated orgguide to spanish. You can download the sources doing
git pull to worg.

My idea would be open a new phase of revision. I accept contributions in
this sense.

Thanks.

--
David Arroyo Menéndez
http://www.davidam.com

* Re: orgguide translated to spanish
@ 2012-12-28  8:56 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-28  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menéndez; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi David,

davidam@es.gnu.org (David Arroyo Menéndez) writes:

> I've translated orgguide to spanish. You can download the sources doing
> git pull to worg.

Thanks for this work!  This is great.

It would be nice to have some explanations on how to rebuild the
manual from the .po file.  Also, orgguide/orgguide.texi does not
tell what version it is, it's important to keep track of changes.

> My idea would be open a new phase of revision. I accept contributions in
> this sense.

With no explanations on how to contribute, I'm afraid you will have
approximatively 0 contributors :)  Better to put those explanations
on Worg directly, perhaps orgguide/index.org ?

I think a good move would be to create a new git repo on orgmode.org
with the orgguide.texi regularily sync'ed with Org's master orgguide,
and containing all .po(t) for all languages.  From there we could then
publish the translated manuals.

What do you think?

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: orgguide translated to spanish
@ 2012-12-28 11:32   ` Takaaki ISHIKAWA(石川 孝明)
From: Takaaki ISHIKAWA(石川 孝明)  @ 2012-12-28 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: David Arroyo Menéndez, emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

I think it is a good idea to keep .po files for many languages.
A translation project of the org-mode manual for Japanese is still working,
which is based on a .po file.
If we want, we can use a translation system like Pootle.

Pootle: http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/pootle/en/latest/

Best,
Takaaki

--
Takaaki ISHIKAWA <takaxp@ieee.org>

* Re: orgguide translated to spanish
@ 2012-12-28 13:49     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-28 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: takaxp, Jason Dunsmore; +Cc: David Arroyo Menéndez, emacs-orgmode

Hi Takaaki,

Takaaki ISHIKAWA(石川 孝明) <takaxp@ieee.org> writes:

> I think it is a good idea to keep .po files for many languages.
> A translation project of the org-mode manual for Japanese is still
> working,
> which is based on a .po file.

Yes, I remember that one.

> If we want, we can use a translation system like Pootle.

Jason, what do you think of having http://translate.orgmode.org
offering an access point for translating the Org Guide ?

How to automate this workflow?

1. latest orgguide.texi (from master)
2. => orgguide.texi.po
3. => feed the Pootle instance with it
4. => process orgguide.ja/es.po to .texi and .pdf

Thanks for any feedback,

PS: I'm using http://translate.sugarlabs.org, a Pootle instance.
Maybe the maintainer of http://t.sl.o can help at some point.

--