* (i/a)spell in org-mode - ignore links?
@ 2014-01-20 23:55 John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2014-01-20 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

does anyone do spell checking with ispell or aspell in org-mode? I was
wondering if there was a way to get it to ignore links, latex markup, etc...

John

-----------------------------------
John Kitchin
Associate Professor
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

* Re: (i/a)spell in org-mode - ignore links?
@ 2014-01-21 13:42 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-01-21 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> does anyone do spell checking with ispell or aspell in org-mode? I was
> wondering if there was a way to get it to ignore links, latex markup,
> etc...

It should already be the case in master branch.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: (i/a)spell in org-mode - ignore links?
@ 2014-01-21 23:27   ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2014-01-21 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

hmm.. that is not my experience.

In org 8.2.5f

a link like this: file:mispeled gets flagged by ispell-buffer.

I did see that if I turn on flyspell, those links are not flagged. on the
other hand, flyspell does not check the whole buffer. I can always run
flyspell-buffer to check the whole buffer, and then use
flyspell-goto-next-error to find the mistakes.

John

-----------------------------------

@ 2014-01-22 13:29     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-01-22 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> hmm.. that is not my experience.
>
> In org 8.2.5f

This is a stable release. The feature only exists in development branch
(aka master).

Nicolas Goaziou