* Virtualenv and HTML5 Help
@ 2014-05-07 20:17 Thomas Marek
From: Thomas Marek @ 2014-05-07 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi, I just have a few questions that I couldn't figure out from the FAQ's and manual.
Virtualenv:
I'm trying to execute a python script within a SRC block using a virtual environment instead of my system's python implementation. I have a number of libraries in this virtual environment that I don't have on my system's python (e.g. Matplotlib). Now, I set [ python-shell-virtualenv-path ] to my virtualenv's root directory. When I run [ M-x run-python ] the shell runs from my virtual environment. That is, I can import Matplotlib with no problems. But when I import Matplotlib within a SRC block I get an import error.
How can I have it so the SRC block uses the python in my virtual environment and not my system's python?
Is there any way I can set the path to a given virtual environment automatically when I load an org file?

HTML5 Export:
I'm trying to export my org-files in 'html5', as opposed to the default 'xhtml-strict'. The manual says to set [ org-html-html5-fancy ] to t. I tried searching for [ org-html-html5-fancy ] in [ M-x org-customize ] but I couldn't find it. I tried adding [ (setq org-html-html5-fancy t) ] to my init.el, but nothing happened. I'm not at all proficient in emacs-lisp so my syntax may be wrong. The manual also says I can set [ html5-fancy ] in an options line. I'm not really sure how to do this. I tried [ #+OPTIONS html5-fancy: t ] but it didn't do anything.
How can I export to 'html5' instead of 'xhtml-strict' in org version 7.9.3f and Emacs version 24.3.1?
Is there any way I can view and customize the back-end that parses the org file to produce the html?

I appreciate any help you can offer.
- M

* Re: Virtualenv and HTML5 Help
@ 2014-05-07 20:38 ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2014-05-07 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 05/07/2014 04:17 PM, Thomas Marek wrote:

> *HTML5 Export:*
> *
> *
> I'm trying to export my org-files in 'html5', as opposed to the default
> 'xhtml-strict'. The manual says to set [ org-html-html5-fancy ] to t. I
> tried searching for [ org-html-html5-fancy ] in [ M-x org-customize ]
> but I couldn't find it. I tried adding [ (setq org-html-html5-fancy t) ]
> to my init.el, but nothing happened. I'm not at all proficient in
> emacs-lisp so my syntax may be wrong. The manual also says I can set [
> html5-fancy ] in an options line. I'm not really sure how to do this. I
> tried [ #+OPTIONS html5-fancy: t ] but it didn't do anything.
>
>  1. How can I export to 'html5' instead of 'xhtml-strict' in org version
>     7.9.3f and Emacs version 24.3.1?
>  2. Is there any way I can view and customize the back-end that parses
>     the org file to produce the html?

I believe you need to upgrade your org to version 8 for (setq
org-html-html5-fancy t) to work.

Scott Randby

@ 2014-05-08  1:59   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2014-05-08  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:

> On 05/07/2014 04:17 PM, Thomas Marek wrote:
>>
>> *HTML5 Export:*
>> *
>> *
>> I'm trying to export my org-files in 'html5', as opposed to the default
>> 'xhtml-strict'. The manual says to set [ org-html-html5-fancy ] to t. I
>> tried searching for [ org-html-html5-fancy ] in [ M-x org-customize ]
>> but I couldn't find it. I tried adding [ (setq org-html-html5-fancy t) ]
>> to my init.el, but nothing happened. I'm not at all proficient in
>> emacs-lisp so my syntax may be wrong. The manual also says I can set [
>> html5-fancy ] in an options line. I'm not really sure how to do this. I
>> tried [ #+OPTIONS html5-fancy: t ] but it didn't do anything.
>>
>>  1. How can I export to 'html5' instead of 'xhtml-strict' in org version
>>     7.9.3f and Emacs version 24.3.1?
>>  2. Is there any way I can view and customize the back-end that parses
>>     the org file to produce the html?
>>

> I believe you need to upgrade your org to version 8 for (setq
> org-html-html5-fancy t) to work.

Also, the variable that really controls this is 'org-html-doctype, which
you set to html5. 'org-html-html5-fancy just controls whether or not,
when you're exporting to html5, Org will try to use some of the new
element types from the html5 spec.

Eric