* tab completion for org-contacts not working for me in emacs 24
@ 2014-05-11 11:07 Andreas Reuleaux
From: Andreas Reuleaux @ 2014-05-11 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have just downloaded org-contacts.el

load it in my .emacs/init.el like this

 (setq load-path (cons "~/cfg/emacs/el/org" load-path))
    (require 'org-contacts)
    (setq org-contact-files (list
			     "~/work/org/contacts.org"
			     ))

and have a minimal ~/work/org/contacts.org file as described
in the manual

  https://julien.danjou.info/projects/emacs-packages#org-contacts

Now in gnus, in a new message that I am creating if I type +<tab> in the
To: field, something is happening:

I get a message:

  Updating Org Contacts Database...done

and my curser moves a tab, leaving me with

  To: +    <curser here>

just no contacts / tags are found!?

I *am* using emacs24, a recent one in fact: 24.4.50.1

(I saw some similar messages of people having difficultis of
getting org-contacts to work nicely with gnus together, who were
using using emacs 23, and that turned out to be the problem, not in my
case).

Thanks.

-Andreas