Alan Schmitt writes: > Hello, Hello Alan, > I often find myself doing the following: use a capture template to > nicely setup an entry (often a date tree entry with a link to the > current document), then jump to the newly created headline to start > adding notes. I typically do this during meetings, as I do not want to > stay in the capture buffer all the time. > > Is there a way to setup a capture template such that it directly opens > the target file and set-up entry, instead of the capture buffer? > > I tried a universal argument before calling org-capture, but it only > jumps to the capture destination and does not set up the entry. You can customize your capture templates with `M-x org-capture RET C'. Look especially at the plist keywords `:immediate-finish` and `:jump-to-captured`. Best, -- Daimrod/Greg