* ox-latex: includegraphics should "quote" filenames
@ 2015-05-25  7:32 Vaidheeswaran C
From: Vaidheeswaran C @ 2015-05-25  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In:
    [[./emacs-24.5.1-startup-screen-annotated.png]]

Buggy Out:

\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{./emacs-24.5.1-startup-screen-annotated.png}

Desired: Out:

\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{{./emacs-24.5.1-startup-screen-annotated}.png}

Source:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/10574/includegraphics-dots-in-filename

* Re: ox-latex: includegraphics should "quote" filenames
@ 2015-05-26  9:02 ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2015-05-26  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Vaidheeswaran,

Vaidheeswaran C <vaidheeswaran.chinnaraju@gmail.com> writes:
> In:
>     [[./emacs-24.5.1-startup-screen-annotated.png]]
>
> Buggy Out:
>
> \includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{./emacs-24.5.1-startup-screen-annotated.png}
>
> Desired: Out:
>
> \includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{{./emacs-24.5.1-startup-screen-annotated}.png}
>
> Source:
>
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/10574/includegraphics-dots-in-filename

I agree.  Although I do not actually experience this, as my custom LaTeX
classes all \use[ the ]package{grffile} (also in your Reference) by now.

I have not experienced any problem with that package and it appears to
handle more cases (especially spaces) than 'quoting'.  So, it might be
an alternative to use grffile by default?  Even with the downside of
more dependencies.  But maybe more experienced LaTeX users might have a
different opinion.

Regards,
Andreas

* Re: ox-latex: includegraphics should "quote" filenames
@ 2015-05-26  9:18   ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-05-26  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> I have not experienced any problem with that package and it appears to
> handle more cases (especially spaces) than 'quoting'.  So, it might be
> an alternative to use grffile by default?  Even with the downside of
> more dependencies.  But maybe more experienced LaTeX users might have a
> different opinion.

Since "tlmgr info --list collection-latex |grep oberdiek" is non-nil and
since the manual of grffile mentions no conflicts there's not really any
cost of including grffile.  OTOH, it's pretty trivial to add.  [I'd never
heard of this problem before this thread].

From the link it seems that an extra pair of braces is always enough when
the filename in included (and there's no spaces).  It's also trivial to
add this.

IOW: I think either solution is fine.

Rasmus

--
This message is brought to you by the department of redundant departments

* Re: ox-latex: includegraphics should "quote" filenames
@ 2015-05-29  9:09   ` Vaidheeswaran C
From: Vaidheeswaran C @ 2015-05-29  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Tuesday 26 May 2015 02:32 PM, Andreas Leha wrote:
> Hi Vaidheeswaran,
>
> Vaidheeswaran C <vaidheeswaran.chinnaraju@gmail.com> writes:
>> > In:
>> >     [[./emacs-24.5.1-startup-screen-annotated.png]]
>> >
>> > Buggy Out:
>> >
>> > \includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{./emacs-24.5.1-startup-screen-annotated.png}
>> >
>> > Desired: Out:
>> >
>> > \includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{{./emacs-24.5.1-startup-screen-annotated}.png}
>> >
>> > Source:
>> >
>> > http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/10574/includegraphics-dots-in-filename
> I agree.  Although I do not actually experience this, as my custom LaTeX
> classes all \use[ the ]package{grffile} (also in your Reference) by now.
>
> I have not experienced any problem with that package and it appears to
> handle more cases (especially spaces) than 'quoting'.  So, it might be
> an alternative to use grffile by default?

ox-latex export must work out of the box (when it can)!  Currently
inline images (that have dots in their names) are not exporting
correctly.

If someone fixes this bug (one way or the other), I will be most
grateful!

* Re: ox-latex: includegraphics should "quote" filenames
@ 2015-05-29  9:25     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-05-29  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vaidheeswaran C <vaidheeswaran.chinnaraju@gmail.com> writes:

> ox-latex export must work out of the box (when it can)!  Currently
> inline images (that have dots in their names) are not exporting
> correctly.

No it musen't.  There's explicit cases where you have to add
configuration.  The most horrendous example is a local toc.

> If someone fixes this bug (one way or the other), I will be most
> grateful!

Unless this is SUPER urgent for you, I will fix it on Monday.  Let me know
if this is not early enough.

Rasmus

--
m-mm-mmm-mmmm bacon!

* Re: ox-latex: includegraphics should "quote" filenames
@ 2015-05-29  9:30     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-05-29  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vaidheeswaran C <vaidheeswaran.chinnaraju@gmail.com> writes:

> ox-latex export must work out of the box (when it can)!  Currently
> inline images (that have dots in their names) are not exporting
> correctly.
>
> If someone fixes this bug (one way or the other), I will be most
> grateful!

Actually, does it work if you add grffile to your latex package alist?  It
should.  Since it's part of latex-base I'm tempted to add this package to
the default packages.

Rasmus

--
⠠⠵

* Re: ox-latex: includegraphics should "quote" filenames
@ 2015-05-29 10:09       ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-05-29 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Vaidheeswaran C <vaidheeswaran.chinnaraju@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> ox-latex export must work out of the box (when it can)!  Currently
>> inline images (that have dots in their names) are not exporting
>> correctly.
>>
>> If someone fixes this bug (one way or the other), I will be most
>> grateful!
>
> Actually, does it work if you add grffile to your latex package alist?  It
> should.  Since it's part of latex-base I'm tempted to add this package to
> the default packages.

Okay, I'm adding grffile as it also support spaces in filenames.  Now this
example works:

* test
[[file:nasty dir/Screenshot. from 2015-03-05 19:05:00.png]]

Rasmus

--
Hooray!

* Re: ox-latex: includegraphics should "quote" filenames
@ 2015-05-29 11:07         ` Vaidheeswaran C
From: Vaidheeswaran C @ 2015-05-29 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Friday 29 May 2015 03:39 PM, Rasmus wrote:

> Okay, I'm adding grffile as it also support spaces in filenames.  Now this
> example works:

Thanks. Works for me.