"Thomas S. Dye" writes: > Eric Abrahamsen writes: > >> Rasmus writes: >> >>> Hi Eric, >>> >>> Eric Abrahamsen writes: >>> >>>>> Also, Eric, it seems that org-structure-template-alist only supports a >>>>> single letter for short-hands (the car of an entry in >>>>> org-structure-template-alist is a char). I used to have blocks like ">>>> expanding to an "abstract" special-block, which I guess isn’t possible >>>>> anymore? >>>> >>>> I hadn't thought of that. Really, all I ever wanted was to wrap things >>>> in blocks... >>>> >>>> I don't see any reason why org-structure-template-alist couldn't go back >>>> to using string keys. Then we could use read-string, and wouldn't have >>>> to have special behavior -- a string that didn't exist in the >>>> alist could just be used literally to make a block. >>> >>> I’d prefer that. For some special blocks, a few characters might makes it >>> more intuitive, e.g. "def" → "definition", "hyp" → "hypothesis" etc. >> >> Here's the simplest solution. >> >> There still remains the fact that `org-structure-template-alist' has >> changed format, and `org-try-structure-completion' no longer exists. >> That may still annoy some people who were using the internals of the >> process, but... > > Would something like this work? > > (defun org-try-structure-completion () > (tempo-complete-tag)) Here's the newest version! It incorporates Rasmus' org-tempo.el file, with modifications, and Thomas' suggestion to re-instate `org-try-structure-completion', and, erm, stardiviner's request to honor `org-babel-uppercase-example-markers'. Remaining issues: 1. The "org-include" tempo template doesn't work, for reasons I don't understand (I've never used tempo before). Nothing happens when I hit . 2. Now it seems like there should be completion when prompting for a string key. Feature creep! But likely worthwhile feature creep. 3. I've rather rashly renamed the relevant customization options `org-structure-block-alist' (for blocks added via `org-insert-structure-template') and `org-structure-keyword-alist' (for keywords insertable via the tempo system). Perhaps this was a bad idea. If it's not a bad idea, maybe `org-insert-structure-template' should be renamed `org-insert-block' or something like that. 3. Docs need to be updated. Comments welcome! Eric