Dear Eduardo, I am not aware about aliases explicitly, but you can use tag hierarchy in your use case: http://orgmode.org/manual/Tag-hierarchy.html#Tag-hierarchy It will be something like #+TAGS: [ food : vegetables snack ] Regards, Ihor Eduardo Mercovich writes: > Dear Orgers. > > Orgmode has extensive support for tags. However, even after some > extensive search (maybe I used the wrong keywords) I couldn't > found info on how to create tags aliases. > > As an example, lets assume we have a heading with the tag :snack: > and another with :vegetables:. And I'd like to be able to find > them both when searching for :food:. > How can we do this? > > As always, thanks a lot for your time and attention... :) > > > -- > eduardo mercovich > > Donde se cruzan tus talentos > con las necesidades del mundo, > ahí está tu vocación. > (Anónimo) > -- Ihor Radchenko, PhD Student Singapore University of Technology and Design, 8 Somapah Road Singapore 487372 Email: yantar92@gmail.com, ihor_radchenko@mymail.sutd.edu.sg Tel: +6584017977