I'm writing a document that currently has over 500 footnotes, which is then exported to latex and subsequently built into a PDF file. But every time that I write a new footnote, all the other footnotes show as visible, whereas previously they were hidden under their second-level title. How can I get the 'old' footnotes to remain hidden, unopened and not visible please? Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk Debian 9.4, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.3.4, org 9.1.9