On Monday, 11 Jun 2018 at 14:56, Gerald Wildgruber wrote: > My typical setup is to use a maximized or full screen emacs frame split [...] > portions towards the end of the file. If I deactivate follow-mode, the > problem disappears. I have a 38" monitor and I frequently do what you say. However, I typically only split the frame into 3 windows. I don't remember seeing any lag. But I am currently away so cannot verify. What happens if you try with less windows? -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 25.2.2, Org release_9.1.13-791-g842002