* no inline images anymore after reinstall
@ 2021-06-16  9:33 Prof. Dr. Johanna May
From: Prof. Dr. Johanna May @ 2021-06-16  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi guys,

I've been trying on the web and in "known as good" config files to solve
this but cannot seem to find the solution:

After reinstalling linux (openSuse leap 15.3) and finding out that
unfortunately the distro is too new, so 27.1 does not yet get offered
and switching back to 25.3 most of the stuff that I need works again.

Except for including python output diagrams in org-babel. I put the
diagram code at the very bottom since it takes up some space. At the very end
you also see the output: it is not a file, it is just a link called
[[file:]]. That cannot be right and then, of course, there are no inline
images displayed and not exported either. It is remarkable though, that
latex gets the link to the file, but just does not seem to show it
right. This might point to a latex problem, but the inline images aren't
shown in org-babel. Therefore I'm trying to find a solution here.

In my dotemacs I included what I thought relevant to get it working, but
it doesn't (below).

I would be very glad about a hint where to look for a solution. Maybe
some package-install (but which). Or some other configuration ... Or
maybe I'm still lacking an important distro package that just does not
get output on any error buffer?

Thank you very much, any help is appreciated

Johanna May

--- some of my dotemacs lines ---
;; === org-babel - Code einbinden ===
;; ### Darstellung ###
(setq org-startup-with-inline-images t)
(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)
(setq org-src-fontify-natively t)
(setq org-src-tab-acts-natively t)
(setq org-hide-emphasis-markers t)

;; ### Statistik mit R ESS ###
(require 'ess-site)

;; ### org-babel Sprachen ###
(require 'ob-python)
(setq org-babel-python-command "python3")
;;(setq python-shell-interpreter "python3")
(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((emacs-lisp . t)
   (python . t)
   (ipython . t)
   (shell . t)
   (js . t)
   (latex . t)
   (org . t)
   (octave . t)
   (R . t)
   (plantuml . t)
   (dot . t)
   (gnuplot . t)
   (ruby . t)
   (screen . nil)
   (ledger . t)
   (C . t)
   (sql . t)
   (ditaa . t)))

;; ### Einrückungen beachten (z. B. python) ###
(setq org-edit-src-content-indentation 0)
(setq org-src-tab-acts-natively t)
(setq org-src-preserve-indentation t)

;; ### python-Coding ###
(require 'epc)
(require 'company)
(add-hook 'after-init-hook 'global-company-mode)
(global-font-lock-mode t)
(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)
(setq-default indent-tabs-mode nil) ;; nicht Tabs sondern 4 Leerzeichen
(setq default-tab-width 4)
(add-hook 'python-mode-hook 'anaconda-mode)
(add-hook 'python-mode-hook 'eldoc-mode)
(eval-after-load "company"
  '(progn
     (add-to-list 'company-backends 'company-anaconda)))
(add-hook 'python-mode-hook 'anaconda-mode)

;; ### Bilder aus python inline anzeigen ###
(add-hook 'org-babel-after-execute-hook 'org-display-inline-images 'append)
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'org-display-inline-images)
--- snip ---

---diagram code in org---
    #+name: fig-zeitverlaufspgendrehstrom
#+begin_src python :results file :session :var matplot_lib_filename=(org-babel-temp-file "figure" ".png"),fontsize=fs :exports results
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
plt.style.use('classic')
import numpy as np
from matplotlib.ticker import FuncFormatter, MultipleLocator
plt.style.use('classic')

plt.rcParams.update({'font.size':fontsize})
rcParams.update({'figure.autolayout': True})

fig=plt.figure(figsize=(6,3))

x=np.linspace(0,5*np.pi,1000)
udach=230*np.sqrt(2)
phi1=0
phi2=-np.pi*2/3
phi3=-np.pi*4/3
u1=udach*np.cos(x+phi1)
u2=udach*np.cos(x+phi2)
u3=udach*np.cos(x+phi3)

plt.plot(x,u1,label='$u_1(t)$')
plt.plot(x,u2,label='$u_2(t)$')
plt.plot(x,u3,label='$u_3(t)$')
plt.xlabel('$t$')
plt.ylabel('$u$')
plt.xticks([])
plt.yticks([])
plt.legend(fontsize='small',bbox_to_anchor=(0,1.02,1.02,0),loc=3,ncol=3,mode="expand",borderaxespad=0.)
plt.grid(True)
plt.axhline(0,color='black',lw=1)

#plt.tight_layout()
plt.savefig(matplot_lib_filename,bbox_inches='tight')
matplot_lib_filename
#+end_src

#+CAPTION: Zeitverlauf symmetrischer Spannungen
#+LABEL: fig-zeitverlaufspgendrehstrom
#+ATTR_LATEX: :width \textwidth :height \textheight :options angle=0,keepaspectratio :float nil
#+RESULTS: fig-zeitverlaufspgendrehstrom
[[file:]]
---snip ---