Hello all (again!), in the paper I am writing, I have a number of gnuplot src blocks, some of which process a significant amount of data so take some time to generate the actual plots. The data are static so caching the results make sense. However, even though I have ":cache yes" on each of these named src blocks, and I have (for good measure), the property "header-args:gnuplot" set to ":cache yes" as well, the plots are being regenerated each time I export to PDF via LaTeX. In trying to create a minimal example (see attached), it seems that caching stops working as soon as I add a ":var data=..." header argument to generate a plot from a table of data. Why does specifying a variable to a src block violate the caching directive? Is this intended behaviour (assuming I've understood what is happening correctly)? Thank you, eric -- : Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.60, Org release_9.5-163-g4eab5b : Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096